Friday, December 23, 2005

The Laden Bride

These eyes were met when thine
Wrought my heart of serpentine.
These wrists I woefully slain,
Courage so thought of in disdain.
Pain screamed out with delight
As scarlet lit the darkest night.
If thou had witnessed, if thou had cried,
Taketh oath in the ritual of the scarring bride.
To have the veil lifted, giving thou sight,
Then trespassed the road of her hopeful flight.
Thine eyes would have met mine,
As I cradle thee in irony's saline.
Those wounds I'll close with the thread of flame,
Bearing a mark so nought beast can claim.
Pain screamed out with delight
As scarlet babe lit the darkest night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nic,

Started reading your writings not too long ago, very good!! Very sublime, thought provoking even! Keep it comin!!

Sun Dec 25, 10:32:00 pm  
Blogger Nicolette Yuen said...

Thank you C, I'm encouraged.. :)

Mon Dec 26, 05:36:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home